IN EMERGENCY CALL 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) National Hotline
(access to trained telephone counselors, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week )
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-talk (1-800-273-8255)
- More than 32,000 people in the United States die by suicide
- It is this country's 8th leading cause of death
- Third leading cause of death for young people aged 15-24
- Every 42 seconds someone attempts suicide; every 16.9 minutes someone completes it
- For every two victims of homicide in the U.S. there are three persons who take their own lives
- There are now twice as many deaths due to suicide as to HIV/AIDS
Doctor Assisted Suicide
Credits and Links:
I do NOT take credit for "ANY" of the information on these pages
Author Credits are posted as to the source of the information
I am NOT a trained counseler, crisis worker, or clergyman
I started researching suicide awhile ago, to help a friend,
others and myself through the many hard times in life.
I put this page together in early 2000
and update the links from time to time.
I can not believe it was so many years ago and how fast they went by.
You can E-mail me here.
The diagnosis and treatment of depression and other psychiatric disorders requires trained
medical professionals. The information provided below is to be used for educational
purposes only. It should NOT be used as a substitute for seeking professional
care for the diagnosis and treatment of any mental/psychiatric disorders