Danger Signs of Suicide
DANGER SIGNS OF SUICIDE
- Talking about suicide.
- Statements about hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness.
- Preoccupation with death and dying.
- Suddenly happier, calmer, at peace now.
- Loss of interest in things one cares about (hobbies, work, school, etc)
- Withdraws from friends and/or social activities
- Visiting or calling people one cares about.
- Making arrangements; setting one's affairs in order, making out a will.
- Giving things away.
- Has trouble eating or sleeping
- Experiences drastic changes in behavior
- Has attempted suicide before
- Takes unnecessary risks
- Has had recent severe losses
- Loses interest in their personal appearance
- Increases their use of alcohol or drugs
A suicidal person urgently needs to see a doctor or psychiatrist
Credits to: Tom Arsenault and the SAVE's home page.